Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Today's MOPS

I really enjoyed the speakers today and the topic. God is funny how he shows you things. I have been wanting to hear about this topic since the beginning of the MOPS year. Today God showed me an example of our topic today. If you missed it, it was on how to navigate the media with your kids. My son is only 3 1/2 but knows that he is not able to watch SpongeBob Square Pants. He came in from playing and I was going to let him finish watching Wow Wow Wubzy for 5 minutes. I was picking up around the house and did not see that it had ended and SpongeBob came on and the second it did Sam said, "Mom, change the T.V." How cool is that! Setting boundaries early on and talking to your children really works, even if you think that they are too young. Just wanted to share. It made me smile that God could show me that today's topic is REALLY important. If you did not make it, we have handouts and it would be great to call someone or your table leader. Have a great day and hope to see many of you tonight!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Sponge Bob isn't allowed at our house either! Sorry I missed today & even more sorry I am missing tonight! :(

Carrie said...

Mine either! Who wants to watch a sponge that lives under water anyway???